Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Vacation week...temptation...heartbreak...drama...who needs TV?

Well it's Wednesday already and my vacation is over half over. I've been good about working out although the eating is slipping this week but not terribly so but I may not be able to have a free day until 2008 :) Also this week I found out the evil's of blogdom: I was dumped via blog. Yes I've hit a new low...well not me necessarily I feel it's just that I'm less a bad judge of character but still dating the people I used to date when I was still a depressed individual and not allowing myself to realize that I needed to move up the ladder instead of standing still. Essentially she posted her concerns about dating me again (we dated 4 years ago and the situation just wasn't right) and said that overall she just wasn't interested in going further. Okay. Fine. I actually deal with rejection, constructive criticism, etc very well. I'm not expecting to be what everyone is wanting.

Big problem...I read her blog entry before I got the message...in fact I read the blog entry 2 days after she had apparently written it and STILL hadn't heard from her up to that point. Well needless to say I was more than a little embarassed on top of the sting of rejection. So we spoke about it and apparently she has the option on her blog to set certain entries to be private or for certain friends only. Honest mistake but still doesn't really excuse that fact that I was getting the cold shoulder the whole time. Oh well lots of fish in the sea...although I guess I'm more concerned about the fact that it was really out of character for her to be so muted about something as she tends to have an opinion about many things and has no problems expressing them or being confrontational when asked to defend herself either.

I think I'll hold off on the dating for a while...at least until after the holiday and my first challenge is over as I have a lot on my plate with my job, the usual holiday stress and just reigning in all the temptations I have around me during this initial phase of transformation from the old Jeremy to the new Jeremy. On a happier note I was able to wear my favorite T-Shirt today around town and for the first time my chest was sticking out more than my stomach so I was incredibly happy about that. Little victories...little victories.

2 Comments:

Blogger PartTimeMom said...

Kind of crappy way to get the news - very 'Dear John'. I'm glad you're not taking it TOO hard. Hang in there - there's a woman for you (probably 3 or 4) ;)

9:15 PM  
Blogger havlow said...

Oh I'm not too terribly worried about...I was actually more concerned because we've been good friends for about 4 years now and it was just so unlike her to be that closed off from me. Oh well I guess I'll have to just get hotter and hotter until I have women chasing me down and tackling me in the streets :)

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home