Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tales from the valley...

So I'm back from Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale, San Jose, Santa Clara, etc) and I'm tired but I do have some interesting news:

I got the promotion!

That was the main thing that I could tell you guys. I've sorta known about it since December but it was never really official but now it's official so I guess I can talk about it in public.

CA was interesting for someone who is not used to that sort of thing. The ethnic diversity was pretty surprising as well. 30% Caucasian, 30% Hispanic, 30% Asian and the rest were a mix of other races. Pretty interesting but it reminded me that I was definitely out of my element. However this did make for some great restaurants of which I sampled many.

The work side of things was good. I got some training, met a lot of people that I normally only talked to on the phone. I did not, however, get a chance to really get out of the San Jose area so I'm sad to say that I didn't get to explore much. Maybe next time.

Things at work are going to be very different from now on. I guess in a lot of ways the promotion is part of that but overall it's taking me to another level in the organization that will help me develop a number of other skills that should help me take on some other opportunities in the future that will help me realize what I ultimiately will enjoy doing.

Hope everyone is doing well.

7 Comments:

Blogger Udenia said...

hey buddy, when you get a chance drop me a line I would like to make some changes to my blog and you are the only I know that can set it up right! No rush, just let me know when you have some time, thanks, Udenia

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Glad that things are going well for you. What restaurants did you try in CA? (Love that area, BTW... lived in Fremont for awhile. Too expensive, tho...)

6:14 PM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YAY on the promotion! GREAT JOB!! Mabye we'll see more of you now?? Sure miss you-have a great weekend-hugs,Dede

8:56 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Hooray!

Will that change how your work-load is? It seems like you've been extremely busy! Good luck with the promotion!

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! It sounds like you've been working yourself into the ground and it's paid off.

Will you get a bit more downtime now? On the selfish end, we miss you!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Well straight off the top then..CONGRATS! hope to see you again around here soon :)

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home