Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What the hell....?

Okay the last 3 nights I've been to about 5 different large retail chain outlets/grocery stores and have been astonished at the level of customer support I've received. I've begrudgingly gotten used to the idea of not being helped in a store they all line up about the same, have the meats here, the veggies there, the electronics in this aisle the cat toys in that aisle, etc. etc. Shopping for dummies...or at leasat shopping for those that don't expect to be helped by any of the employees. So imagine my shock and awe when I was helped at no less than five different stores. Not just helped, but repeatedly asked to be helped an annoying large number of times. At both grocery stores, stockers (who have a large number of items to stock in a short period of time) were eager to help me find groceries, cleaning supplies, walking with me directly to the correct aisle, moving pallets out of my way so I could reach the items. Today at quiznos the guy who made my soup and sandwich actually came to my table to take away a few of the trays and told me to relax and enjoy the book I was reading. Tonight I had to fight off no less than 4 Petco associates who were all to eager to help me pick out a litter box scooper and select a toy for Carly. At Wal Mart (Yes I swear to god Wal-Mart...then one in Hillborough no less) I had one of the associates help me select the best vacuum food sealer for my needs. They worked with me for 20 minutes!! To add to the round of good help karma I've been getting I also had one of the customers out in the parking lot (yes a customer) offer to put my shopping cart away from me out of the kindness of her own heart. I have to admit I'm wondering if I ingested some bad acid or I've been hit over the head because this is GREAT!! Exactly the kind of service i've always wished would come back to retail America. Anyone else noticed this in your experiences in the last month???

7 Comments:

Blogger FV Tom said...

dude, go play the lotto or whatever you have in NC.

The planets and stars are in some peculiar alignment just for you.

That kind of stuff just does not happen unless you're a guy in the women's clothing department of Nordstrom's just before Christmas wandering around with a stupid look on his face. (been there, done that!)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I agree with Tom.. as long as you aren't seeing "Placticine porters wiht Looking glass eyes" ..it's ALL good!

Go play the Lotto!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Nah I still can't understand what they're saying as they trample over me to get to nowhere! :)

12:46 PM  
Blogger zooman said...

Don't go to Cheddar's. But at least due to the poor service we got a free desert and half off our meal.I missed most of the football game though!

5:44 AM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

you must be cute or something.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

LOL at Tom! Yeah - you are definitely experiencing some strange cosmic alignment. Where's Pers when you need her? No - there is no one down here even REMOTELY interested in being helpful. I just try not to get my purse stolen when I go shopping...

6:53 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Don't believe them Jeremy, they're setting you up. They're waiting for your guard to come down then tehy're going to do something terrible. Oh, sorry, that's my life.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home