Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Great Weekend and moving forward...

Spent the weekend beering and bowling with the co-workers, hanging out with the normal friends as well as a friend from out of town and we had a lot of fun. I received a copy of the V for Vendetta and Sin City Trade Paper Backs from a friend because I lost the originals in the flood. It was a nice touch and I appreciated it. I helped them a few years ago when their place flooded and they new how upset I was when I lost that collection that I had built from childhood in one swoop. Maybe I should have asked for a new couch and new bed as well but that's what the renters insurance check is for :)

I also saw the movie Little Miss Sunshine which I highly recommend. All I have to say about the movie is that it will swear you off of enterting your children in beauty pageants or fixing up that old VW van you've had your eye on. It's one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time and the audience literally got up and cheered when the movie was over. Alan Arkin alone was worth the price of admission notwithstanding great performances from Toni Collette, Steve Carrell and Greg Kinnear. Either see it now or watch for it on DVD in a few months. Either way you won't be disappointed.

The addition of fish oils and glucosamine have helped the knee problems a bit but I'm still getting more inflammation. I'm going to try to some aleve as well as it's always been a wonder drug for me when I had back and shoulder problems as a collegiate swimmer and I'm hoping it will help on the knees as well. For someone reason normal painkillers work but naproxian alway does the trick. Still getting on with the 5k challenge and so even though I've been unable to run that last week or so I've been walking and keeping the moderate weight schedule up. Been eating clean despite moving and extended working hours so it's all good there. Work has been a little crazier with hurricane and school season starting up. I have to say I love living in the US but we have some of the laziest people on the planet. The asians, the europeans, hell even the 3rd world countries have better technical customers than the Americans for the most part. They actually read the manuals, they actually troubleshoot the problems and THEN they call us when they don't know the answer. American and Canadian customer freak out if the device shuts down or reboots and immediately calls us before A) checking for power (duh) or B) plugging it into other power outlets. It's just amazing that people get paid for being that stupid and lazy and in some cases rewarded for it.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Keep up the RAH RAH RAH and the PMA!!

6 Comments:

Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

I want to see that movie! Sounds great.
Hope the knee gets to feeling 100% soon.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

I miss bowling and movies!

6:55 PM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

I want to see that movie too!

Hope the knees feel better soon! It took me a lot of re-starts before the knees and shins cooperated. I still feel the ocassional twinges, but it hasn't been as bad as before. I think it's just a matter of time before your body adapts to running.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I have the same problem with my knees...well & the stupid ankle nowadays too :P & Yep the Naproxen works great if you don't have any issues with it ! Nice you got to have a good weekend!

10:11 PM  
Blogger MichelleInFlorida said...

Love the way you write, Havlow! Very entertaining, indeed! I am not familiar with Little Miss Sunshine as I hardly watch TV and go to the movies, but I do know that Toni Colette is a fantastic actress. Will have to take your advice on seeing that movie!

Hope your knee gets better soon! Your positive attitude will absolutely help it!

7:32 PM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

:) Saw Little Miss Sunshine myself... loved it. hugs.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home