Friday, March 23, 2007

I'm back but no promises...mmm kay?

Allright folks I decided to try and start updating the blog again. I suppose the reason I stopped is that I didn't have anything blog worthy to report. I don't mean excercise worthy...I just mean I didn't have ANYTHING to talk about!!

Well I don't know if I have much more to talk about but I have gotten back into working out again after I tipped the scales at 220 lbs. Those of you that followed my BFL progress last year know that I worked my way all the way down to about 179 lbs by January of 2006. Since then I've steadily fallen off the wagon, eaten poorly and overall just stopped taking care of my body.

I'm not doing any major program or fad, my goal is to eventually get back down under 190 lbs and to stay active. I just miss seeing my toes to be honest and summertime is NO time to be caught outside looking like a pregnant man. So I've been doing some light cardio on the dreadmill and trying to watch what I eat. Completely cut out the sodas again so that should help...A LOT since they seem to be the main reason I got back up to my horrifingly large self again. So I don't have any plan, I don't have any diet, I'm not doing anything but looking at myself in the mirror and just making little goals for myself on the treadmill and in the gym to get myself back to breathing normally, looking heathy and feeling better. For all of you that sent my comments in my absence I thank you for them and I'm going to try and try and get back in touch with you more to thank you personally.

As for myblends.com I may or may not go back. It's not that I don't appreciate the site or what's going on there...it's more that I'm not sure I have anything to add at this time in terms of motivation or well wishes. I'm sort of up and down emotionally myself about the weight and I suppose I'm worried about getting in over my head, posting a lot and then quitting my workouts. Right now I'm trying to do what's best and realistic for me. For those of you that might try to push me a little harder, just remember I did something like this before my original BFL challenege last year. Just sort of did a general workout and diet to get back into some sembelance of shape and then eventually started BFL. Maybe I'll get bored and want a bigger challenge. Maybe I'll start the Couch to 5k program again, or maybe I'll just be happy with what I do. Overall I'm just trying to stay positive and keep sane.

Hope everyone is doing well and like I said I'll try to keep posting more often.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

HEY...it's great to hear from you. Way to go on making the move to get healthy. Sounds like you know what works for you. Stick with it...you will feel better- but hell, you already know that. :)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I heard a rumor that you had updated your blog! WTG on taking care of yourself. Sorry I haven't been around much. My life has been incredibly busy as of late. Hope to catch you on IM sometime in the not too distant future. Til then, keeping moving!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

hey you..just glad to see you back..period~!
the fact that you are doin something to make yourself happier & healthier is ALWAYS a bonus!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home