Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Head Above Water

Well I'm back to updating this damn thing. Well I'm on week two of my new schedule which is currently 3am to noon. I'm in the middle of new job training which is helping fill in a lot of gaps I didn't realize were there. To give you a brief overview, I've been promoted from an Initial Response Engineer to an Escalation Engineer. For those of you in IT that means I've moved from about Tier 2/Tier 3 to Tier 3/Tier 4 in terms of supporting internal and external customers. Last week was filled with 16 hour days because in addition to starting the new job we also had an internal audit for our ISO preparation and I'm happy to say that my long hours and hard work paid off as my team and especially my part in the audit passed with flying colors. No non-conformities were found! See this is one of the reasons I love working for this company as opposed to my old one. When I worked long hours at my old job I didn't have anything to show for it...just long hours! At this job I can point to point to results!

I'm hoping to start swimming with the Masters team this week or next week now that my schedule has calmed down considerably. It's funny as my boss's wife works with a member of the team and they asked about me at dinner the other night. They miss me...they really miss me! I'm excited to get back in the water...not so excited about the long road back to getting in swim shape. Oh well I'll get used to it again I suppose.

Nothing new on any other fronts. I'm looking for a new place to live as my lease is up at the end of April but at the moment I'm not seeing anything that's really catching my eye so I may go month to month until the summer which is when most of the housing seems to open up. No dating news as of yet but I'm hoping that will change now that I'm on a schedule that doesn't suck the life out of me...as much.

4 Comments:

Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Hi Jeremy!!! You be back to your swimming shape in no time!!!

Fingers crossed for a smooth transition at work!!! Take care!!!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Good to see you back!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jeremy! I quit checking in very often but now I will. Glad to hear you're finally catching your breath and that all of that was worth it.

It's cool that your swim team missed you...you made an impression but that's not surprising. You were making such progress before. I bet it won't take long to get back into that shape.

Oh! Guess what! I'm getting ready to order the new Rebel Xsi! It's released in April!! I'm glad now I held off. And, Yes I'm excited enough to use MULTIPLE exclamation marks!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great to hear from your Jeremy. WHEW- you've been working your tail off! Congrats again on the promotion. Hope you can get back into swimming-I know you LOVE IT!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home