Sunday, April 20, 2008

What I've been up to...

So I've been out of touch...terribly sorry about that. Work has been busy but on the flip side...so have I!

- I've decided to stay in my apartment for the time being, but in order to do that I had to get some stuff rearranged and make better use of what I had. So I went ahead and made a lot of changes that opened up a lot of room to breathe. Needless to say I've made the place a lot more harmonious and livable.

- Work is getting better and I'm starting to get a handle on the responsibilities of my new job. It's not remotely easy but it is becoming more manageable to be sure. Overall it's going to take a lot more patience and time on my end to feel like I've mastered the position so I'm not going to stress on that anymore.

- I've started a daily journal which is keeping me in check. It's a little too boring for public consumption but I'll probably just starting putting the abridged versions on here about once a week. I've started a few financial and fitness goals and I've been keeping the journal about a week now and it's really keeping me honest!

- I've started running again with the aid of a friend who runs. She is teaching me hot to improve my stride and basically helping me understand that my running ability needs to be reworked from the ground up. She explained that a lot of my mechanics were what caused my injuries and frustrations in the past. She said it's going to take a while to get me where I need to get but I'm happy for the hands on training. I'm paying her back by adjusting her swim technique as well.

- No I'm not dating her nor will I date her :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I really need a running coach, as well. I saw a video of me running and I look so cloddy! Ugh.

Thanks for the update. Some people just quit blogging, and it kind of makes us all wonder if everything is OK. Glad to hear that you are OK!

You should check out http://maggiewang.com - She's a former BFL'er (like most of us) and is very into graphs and charts, and did some reorganization of some financial stuff. She talks about the working out part in detail, but the financial part is never too detailed, but enough so you get the idea of what she's working on, plus.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're keeping a handle on things. I've wondered where you were and what was going on. Still doing any photography or too busy with everything else?

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home