Monday, April 21, 2008

Portion Control

Well that's the new watchword for me these days. That's the one thing I think I had a problem with during most of my attempts at curbing my bad eating habits. I've been making a concerted effort to actually watch my portions and see if that helps. Additionally someone told me about an experiment in which one night they presented plates to people and let them eat. To a tee they all cleaned their plates and got second helpings. The next night they were presented full plates of food, however, this time they were blindfolded. Each one of them become "full" before they finished the plate. Made me think of the old phrase of my eyes being bigger than my stomach. Now that I've started limiting my portions but spreading out my meals a little better I definitely feel less bloated and more active.

In other news I'm sitting at work trying to figure out a way to break my habit of Diet Coke intake :)

1 Comments:

Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Diet Coke is a hard habit to break .... good luck!!! BABY STEPS!!!

Yay on the portion control. I'm constantly watching that too.

You and Irene made me wonder what I look like when I run.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home