Monday, December 19, 2005

She had passion

As I discovered today that Julie Whitt has passed away I was overcome with an incredible range of emotions for someone that I had never met. When I first joined the BFL tracker one of the first links I click on was the success stories. I wanted to see if the program really worked and whether or not it was all a farce. What I found there was a beautiful bright eyed woman who had taken an affliction and turned the tables on it. Julie Whitt was an inspiration to a then 225 lb 32 year old man who hated his job, hated his body and didn't have too many nice things to say about the rest of his life either. I found something in her words, her story and her ability to fight despite all of the odds against her; I found passion. It's been said at the time of passing that the Ancient Greeks would ask "Did they have passion?". Julie had this in abundance and was able to help share it with us all. For that I will be eternally grateful that she was in my life if only as an inspiration and an example of what a human should be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wolfie said...

Excellent post Jeremy! And so true, she did have a great deal of passion!

8:45 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

very nicely done.

Tom

9:11 AM  
Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

tracker needs you!! bump the good threads Help!!

2:07 PM  
Blogger PartTimeMom said...

awsome.

If there's one thing I would like to be remembered for it would be my passion for at least one thing in this world. I don't know if BFL is that '1 thing' but I would like something to be.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home