Thursday, December 22, 2005

2005 in review

I stole this from Katiefeldmom and it seems to help me keep an eye on the good and bad times.

January - Felt a distubance in the force that was the beginning of a bittersweet year. Broke up with Laurel for the 2nd time.

February - Bought a new car, rear ended in said car a week later by a drunk driver. Got back together with Laurel.

March - Laurel and I agree to move in together, then later she decides that perhaps that wasn't the best idea.

April - Laurel unofficially started spending most of her time at my place despite not wanting to live with me. I begin to start my "Office Space" phase of hating my job and really being a lazy bastard.

May - My best friend get's married, I am the best man and perform an impromptu toast somehow weaving in the movie Lethal Weapon 1,2,3 and 4 and being told numerous time afterwards that it was the best speech they had ever heard. People were obviously drunker than I was. Laurel's cat has kittens which include my Charly.

June - Laurel and I breakup. Finito. The End. Of course we still have stupid sex until August. "Office Space" mode goes up a notch when I start asking about the layoff package at work.

July - I turn 32 and start realizing my mortality is in danger when I tip the scales at around 230 lbs. Mortified I immediately stop eating burges and fries 2-3 times a day, cut back on the sodas, and still amazingly have tepid sex with my ex gf. Also at this time I resist but finally take in Charly as my first pet in 10 year. It was a great decision.

August - The Geico check comes in the mail for the damages to my car. I realize that I'm never going to get laid off and so I decide that I'll put it in a fund to lay myself off with my own money and move to some crazy place and start over. Laurel and I stop having sex completely when she meets her new boyfriend and for the first time in a long time I start to get the kind of perspective that would lead me to Body For Life.

September - "Office Space" officially works. I get promoted and put in charge of a few underlings. WTF? But hey apparently the didn't want me to leave. Laurel and I have a vicious fight and have what I assumed was the last words spoken to each other. I pick up my long discarded Body For Life book, dust it off and somehow find the BFL tracker and begin to lurk.

October - I'm a bridesmaid for my friend Laura's wedding. Don't laugh it was mixed genders on both sides. I being a two week food and exercise boot camp. Oct 17th I officially start my first day of Body For Life and met most of you reading this blog through the tracker.

November - Nov 6 I officially became a blogger/blend kinda person. First person to comment was Mari and gotten nothing done since then :) I also had the first official sighting of "Gym Girl" at this time.

December - Officially given raise to go along with promotion. Helped start a ruckus to reclaim the tracker in not only posting on the tracker but selling thongs, boxers and doggie sweaters. Julie Whitt left us but not her legacy. Hoping to end 2005 with a postive thrust to end my challenge on Jan 8th with a smile on my face.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marijayde said...

Wow, I can't even remember what happend last week, let alone the entire year!

I don't know how I haven't come across your blog until now, but I am glad I did!!

PS - Gym girl is hot! LOL

JO

4:46 AM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Jo and Suzanne, you both stole my line!

Jeremy, I hope your 2006 exceeds your expectations.

Tom

8:20 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Glad I'm not the only one that can't rememeber a damn thing!! ~lol
Great review- neat idea!

ps ...loved the Princess Bride line! ;)
Hugs Lala*

9:36 AM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

Hey, that's a cool idea! And well, I'm all outta ideas, but stealing (er, imitating) is always stylish.

9:53 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Jeremy, I hope you have a nice and safe holiday weekend.
Best Wishes,
Katie

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home