Monday, January 02, 2006

Back in the game...

Sorry I've been out of it the last few days folks I've been taking some time to refocus my energies and really get my head ready for the New Year. I usually do this right after Christmas as the days before and after the first I reserve for reflection and also for looking ahead and trying to make a list of thing I want to accomplish. Overall I'm hoping for a fantastic year and here are some of the goals I've come up with:

1. Put 1/2 of my Bonus and Tax return from work into my savings account and sit on it. Additionally put 1-200 dollars a month into that account every time my paycheck hits the bank. See if my bank can do that automatically.

2. Start working with my manager to get on a program for the management track and start making myself more visible at work. I talked with my parents about this quite a bit over the holidays and a lot of this "Happy" energy has provided me with some new found confidence in my abilities and I want to use that in other areas of my life. I hope to see what my options are and what I need to work on in that area sometime this week.

3. I need to clean up my apartment and let it flow a lot more. I need to get the old clothes and old working electronics over to the goodwill and start going through old stuff that I have and get rid of it. I live in too small of a space to be as much of a packrat as I've become.

4. Finally my BFL goals. I've actually planned ahead for not only Challenge 2 but for Challenge 3 which will end on June 26th. In Challenge 2 I'm hoping to eat clean 85% of the time, start to see more definition in my arms, chest, shoulders and legs. Want to finally get the tummy flat if not a bit defined. Challenge 3 will be to eat 90% Clean, start getting the body fat really down and will hopefully start seeing some ab muscles. I think these are realistic and very achievable goals considering the success I've achieved in my first Challenege so far. I've learned what does and doesn't work and I've also gathered some incredible support. I've got more tools to begin my next challenges than I've ever had before and I'm excited to start it.

I think if this list holds up I'll probably have some more goals to add after Challenge 3 as that will be around the halfway point of the year. I'm really excited about where I'm going to be mentally, emotionally and physically at the end of June!! I hope you all are having a wonderful new year so far!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

Good for you for thinking so far ahead!

I'll be 40 in July!! 40!! It hurts to write that. In fact, everything is starting to hurt LOL. That was some UBWO this morning. Glad the happiness is seeping to all parts of your life!!

Good luck on this challenge. Have you noticed a certain someone is no longer in the top 20 profiles??

Ha!!

Love,

Persephone

1:37 PM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Hey, welcome back!

Great list and best of luck to you! Your idea about saving money has made me add on to my goals list.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

i've got to agree! I like that you're already looking ahead to summer!! I'll be having a b-day in June & that's where I'm gunning for too!

SO awesome that you got to meet Casey & Lori-- they seem like very cool people!

Hey Pers.. You're right.. I keep forgetting about that thing! It just seems like a popularity thing so I guess I'm just programed to IGNORE it! ~lol

5:22 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Hey you, missed your posting...great goals...I especially like the management one...good thinking, isn't it great all the areas of our lives that BFL affects.

9:47 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Havlow, welcome back. Great goal-setting.

To answer a question you had, I work for Conexant. On the CPE side, you probably have a lot of GlobespanVirata devices. We merged with them a couple of years ago.

Happy New Year.
Tom

9:06 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Sounds like some great goals. I need to work on those as well.

Lori

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home