Tuesday, March 21, 2006

So yeah...

Well had my technical interview this morning...pretty much got my ass handed to me. I knew it would be tough for a couple of reasons. Firstly the fact that I have EXTREME test anxiety worked against me yet again, secondly I didn't really get the scope of the test questions until about 24 hours before the test, thirdly, it's technology that I've worked with but I'm not terribly familiar with and fourthly...well I don't know the guy was just damn intimidating on the other end of the phone. He told me that I'm not out of the running because of the interview but that I would need to study up considerably and have another interview in person. Well that made me a feel a little better but it also made me worry considerably more, however, I think I know now what I need to study in terms of the next interview. Ugh. So it may be another two weeks which blows. In the mean time I'm going to study my ass off but also really do some soul searching on whether or not to stay in IT. It's not that I don't want this job, it's more that my brain is such mush when I leave AT&T after work that I'm frankly too stupid for television much less studying up on technical jargon. Anywho that's the update. I'm going to work now and having my ass handed to me there as well.

6 Comments:

Blogger carolakabb said...

Hang in there Jeremy! I know it feels like a setback, but you can overcome it -- don't let the foward motion bring you down because you can conquer this -- you've done harder things and this is just for 2 weeks! And worse comes to worst, you can tell everyone to go suck on DONKEY BALLS! Hugs. C.

8:36 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Thinking of You!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

Hang in there Jeremy! Sounds like a brutal process and I know the waiting game really blows! Just saw your post a while back on the type of company that you work for..and yes, it did ring a bell. Our company deals with both electrical and telecommunication products. Your company is one of our customers.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

As Carol said.. hang in there hon... & if we can help ya study or somethin let us know!

10:08 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Too stupid to watch TV! Great line.

Hey, if this thing is meant to be, it will be. You never know - the next interviewer may want to take a mentor role with the next hire (you?).

We're behind you. YOU CAN DO IT!

8:46 AM  
Blogger zooman said...

Wishing you the best of luck as the process continues.I know the waiting is going to suck but use this time to your advantage.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home