Saturday, May 13, 2006

Week 1...down the toilet...literally

Well I'm through with EFL with week (Ebola For Life) I think...I've mananged to lose another 5-6 pounds through the efforts of a stomach virus or perhaps it was food poisoning. Needless to say my ab workout was fantastic the whole time I was sick and who says you can't lose weight with that kind of effort? BULLSHIT I SAY!! Man I'm telling you what...a few more bouts like that and I may need to start eating heavy fats and plenty of sugar to get the weight back. I seriously think I lost about 10 lbs total and it was possibly some of the most surreal moments in my life. I mean out of about 4 days of being deathly ill, about 3.5 of those days were spent sleeping on a bed of towels in the bathroom because I knew being further away simply meant I wouldn't make it in time...yeah...it was that bad. You look at the ceiling tiles...one of my friends came over and helped me out a bit, I finally told them to turn on my MP3 player on my desk and just select the entire music folder on my PC (I have somewhere around 15000 songs) in shuffle mode...so yeah that was interesting. I completely forgot that I had complete comedy albums as MP3's and one learning spanish MP3 that was 8 hours long. So to say the least I spent the better part of 8 hours at one point puking while learning to habla in espanol...silly right? To say the least my dreams weren't any better and having a cat stand on your shoulders while you are throwing up and licking your ears is just...well wrong. Good kitty...bad timing. My office was extremely nice about the whole thing...I was worried they might think I was a slacker and they assured me that things like this happen all the time, still I hate it because it was during the 2nd week of my new job...yeck. Well that's all done and hopefully I'll get something more solid in my system tommorow, today it's been applesauce, gatorade and a little bit of banana so we'll see. Hope everyone is doing well.

8 Comments:

Blogger zooman said...

Man that's really tough. Hope you get to feeling like your old self soon. Maybe this could be the start of your next challenge, hell you got a ten pound start before lifting the first dumbbell.

4:54 AM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Good to hear you're doing a bit better.

The part about your cat was too funny.

4:24 PM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

OMG! I've been so sick I had to sleep on the bathroom floor (complete w/ cat) but NOTHING for the duration you just went through. I think that bit about the mp3 was really funny...

4:38 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Ouch! Glad to hear that you are feeling a little bit better. Hope you get your strength back!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Oh hon!!! that sounds AWFUL!!! _ I had to laugh at "good Kitty - Bad timing..,"

can I borrow that??? Jamie calls me kitty half the time~lol~

6:28 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow. That sounds absolutely dreadful. Glad you're feeling mucho better.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

OMG!! That sounds horrifying!!

I had to laugh about the spanish lessons though. You must have wanted to bang your head against the wall, but didn't have the energy!

Also, it must have been hard throwing up and trying not to laugh at the comedy mp3's!! heh heh

Your ab muscles definitely got the workout of a lifetime!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

How are you feeling?

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home