Monday, May 01, 2006

First day report

jrday1crop

Yep this is the new badge picture...I may just use this as the before pic for my next challenge...believe me red shirts don't help to make one look very flattering!!

Well today was the day and overall it wasn't too bad. Diet colas and juice are .25 and .50 a piece and everyone seems friendly. I have my own cube, a nice PC (flat screen monitor) and a BIG ASS BOOK to study. Should be grand. I guess I'm a little deflated because I don't know anyone, everyone seemed really busy and unapproachable and I guess that just the usual...making new friends. I really miss my co-workers and I was a little homesick for their camraderie...not the job that i left mind you...just the joking and conversations I used to have with them on a daily basis. I'm sure things will turn out to be fine and overall today was better than any day over the last two years. It was just...sort of lonely which was something I didn't expect. Probably just the fact that I didn't get but about 3 hours of sleep either...but I'll get over that...just try sleeping 5 hours tonight lol.

Today I've eaten clean for the first time since about the end of February. I've been proud of myself and I think I can at least try to keep it up and see where it takes me. Was waaay too tired for the gym this morning and this evening so I'll try to fit it in once my schedule even's out. Things are going to be better I just need to stop letting the old lifestyle run things and let the new one take over.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wolfie said...

Changing jobs after you've been with one for several years is a real transition, and one that takes some time. I'm very nervous about starting my new position because even though it's with the same company, I have to start all over in a new area, with new people. It takes me about 6 months to start feeling comfortable again. You need to focus right now on learning your job, the new friendships will happen along the way. I know you feel isolated, but you will fit in and have a new comadrie with this bunch in no time!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

As Jenifer said..It's tricky having big Transition time... keep plugging away & hey...we're always here ;P

10:06 PM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Hey, looks like we're on the same wavelength! Today was my first clean day of eating in a while and I'm about to start a new job! Big changes, but they're all worth it!

10:06 PM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Thinking of you.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

XXXXX

Love

Pers (who's also trying to find the way to meet new friends quickly)

You'll be just fine!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home