Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Day 2 and 3

Well yesterday was nearly unbearable due to lack of sleep. I did bring in some tea to help pep me up but there really is only so much caffeine can do when you've had abour 12 hours sleep combined over the previous 3 days. Today is a little better as I took some Tylenol simply sleep and got nearly 6 hours last night. I'm still groggy though but not NEARLY as bad as Monday and Tuesday.

The last two days I've been reading the manual explaining the product line, basic configuration, and lab examples. The rest of the week I'll probably be in the lab doing more hands on work and other stuff that's keeping me out of the books for once. So far I think everything is going pretty well. I'm gelling a little better with everyone...the culture here is a lot more open and people seem to speak their minds a little better. I guess that's possibly analagous to people escaping oppressive countries and seeing how free they really could be. They work hard here but they don't work stupid like we did at my old job which is good to see. Plenty of time for idle chit chat but when work needs to get done they get right to it.

I still haven't had time to take advantage of the social options with my new shift yet. All of the weird sleeping and trying to get my body adjusted has me cranky...also most of the people I associate with lately have had other plans but they are open to some stuff next week and I am having dinner with some friends tommorow night and lunch with a friend today, so it's picking up a bit. It's weird to come home at 5:30-6:00 everyday and have plenty of options open to me. I'm also getting a paycheck on the 15th, combined with my last paycheck from AT&T on the 1st of the month...so I'm going to be a little richer soon which will be nice to pay down some bills I think, maybe pay off the remainder on the credit card and a lot down on the laptop.

Also I was informed that I'll be going to Santa Clara for about a week once or twice a year so if that happens I'll see if I can make a way to see some of the blends as well as my brother and sister in law. This is pretty exciting stuff to be honest...I'm hoping that I do well at this job because it's small enough to be noticed but large enough to have nice fringe benefits that you normally see in the larger companies.

My eating suffered a little yesterday when I had two...rather large size pieces of pizza. However, the eating was clean and today looks to be the same as well. I'm back to cooking a lot more again which helps keep the choices plentiful. Anyone have some decent crockpot recipes that are EFL friendly?

5 Comments:

Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

I'm glad that things are working out for you. I hope you can get some sleep soon though.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Wow! Sounds like this new place will definitely prove to be a better place all around once you get used to slowing down. I know that's tough to do sometimes. I was once told that I would either have to slow down or the whole company would have to speed up...then was offered a look of 'guess who's going to have to cave?' Heh heh!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

Personally, with the crockpot recipes I tend to go towards the roasts (extra lean roast, veggies, low sodium fat free chicken/beef broth) but I also have a version of beef stroganoff which is pretty good as well. All EFL friendly of course. ;)

This is a good place to go : http://www.healthrecipes.com/crock_pot_recipes.htm

or
http://www.dietandbody.com/low_carb_crockpot.html

and you can tweak anything to be EFL that seems iffy.

3:59 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Hey there!

Sure wish I lived up north. We could get together when you come out to Santa Clara. Oh, well.

Hope things are going well.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Glad you got some sleep! & Nice about sorta settling in.. & especially about the $$ comming - good for you

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home