Monday, August 14, 2006

The week ahead and some new motiviation...

Well a few things to get off my chest about the new girl. I think it's over and done with as soon as it started. It was weird we went out friday night and we had nothing to talk about. Don't get me wrong she's a great gal but the more we did talk the more I realized that we just weren't on the same page going forward. She doesn't share a lot of my fitness goals (in fact she want's to open a bakery) we live and hour a part, and we just don't have many other common interests but...well kissing...which is really good...but just not enough to make it work. But she WAS blog worthy which is more than some of the rest lately sooooo...I think I'm heading in the right direction at least.

Woke up today and walked/ran for about 25 minutes started off on the new couch to 5k program I found on Chantal's site. Mostly walking and my back and knees are going to hate this program I can already tell. I'm going to take it easy on the back and knees but frankly I'm going to buy some stock in those icee hot pads for the knees and back. Sheesh. But...I want to do this and move on I must. I don't have any specific weight or fitness goals for the next two months aside from working up to running 30 minutes a day without any problems. I plan to eat the EFL way and keep up a moderate weight workout, but overall this little challenge is about getting my aerobic base back to where it was back in the last 90's.

I spent the other part of this morning dealing with the insurance adjuster in regards to the property damage at my old apartment. I'm a little put out because this more than anything was the reason I've been behind on the rest of the move. I had to keep everything in the closet just like it was and they waited nearly 3 weeks to finally come and investigate. Oh well as long as I get compensated for this crap it will be worth it. I have another dental appointment tommorow and a few more comping up in September since I had to reschedule due to the unexpected move. Overall things are getting a little better but I'm still having that weirdness of living in two different places. In a word it sucks. But this too shall pass I suppose. That's it for now I'll see you in the forums.

3 Comments:

Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Sorry about the two places. I hope everything gets worked out sooner rather than later.

Good Luck at the dentist. I know you hate that place.

And I'm going to try the podcast Couch to 5k run thingee. And I hate running.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Just cheking in.. Sorry the latest gal didn't work out .. but I like that you have such an upbeat perspective..& you know what Important similarities need to be in the mix to make a real fit for you! :)
Also I really enjoyed your well written observations about the whole tracker/ webbie thing...couldn't agree MORE :D So onward & upward eh??
See ya over there in the cloister! ;)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

ON TO THE NEXT! :)

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home