Tuesday, November 15, 2005

New Exercises...ouch

Well it's the second set of 4 weeks and I'm mixing it up again. Instead of Flat Dumbell Press and 1 set of Flies I'm doing 5 sets of flies (ouch) and 1 set of Decline Press (holy ouch) and using a rope tricep pullover (may need to change to bar) and triceps extensions while standing vs the tricep pulldowns and overhead extensions on the high point. Man I'm hurting today. I'm glad that I've been dividing the upper body workouts over a period of days rather than all at once...it's really helped my strength gains and to help keep me on track. I do chest and triceps, then shoulders and legs and then biceps and back. I do Abs on my cardio days in between.

Well mixing it up definitely has me feeling pumped and most likely VERY sore tommorow which is good. I'm glad I changed it up as I felt a lot of different muscles getting worked out today that didn't get their attention the first four weeks. I'll have to figure out what I'm going to eat in a little bit as I have to do some work here at the house for work and may have to just make something on the fly...pot roast is looking good yet again :)

Chest

Dumbell Flies
Set 1 - 12x30
Set 2 - 1ox40
Set 3 - 8x50
Set 4 - 6x60
Set 5 - 12x50
High Point Set - Decline Dumbell Press
12x50 (Holy HELL what a 10)

Triceps

Overhead Extension using a rope
Set 1 - 12x30
Set 2 - 10x40
Set 3 - 8x50
Set 4 - 6x60
Set 5 - 12x40
High Point Set - Standing Tricep Extensions
12x25 (WOW That burned)

4 Comments:

Blogger PartTimeMom said...

the workout sounds GREAT... and I'm with you on the flyes... this is my THIRD chest workout that I've used flyes as my third excercise and I've been sore after every single dingle one!

3:06 PM  
Blogger havlow said...

Oh yeah they felt good though. I also really focused on form this time which I think really helped make the workout a lot more intense. The positive and negative resistance makes a lot of difference and sometimes I forget to focus on that.

4:36 PM  
Blogger PartTimeMom said...

I actually try to lower them slower then I raised them and at 30 lbs I'm raising pretty darn slowly! ;) Good for you!

11:25 AM  
Blogger havlow said...

Yeah I was focusing on that as well. I was good about that the first 2 weeks then got lazy about it in the last 2 weeks as I was going for more weight and sacrificing form...definitely still sore today :)

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home