Thursday, April 13, 2006

Signed sealed and delivered

Well it's official...I've got the paperwork signed and faxed back to Santa Clara...I'm a new employee of Extreme Networks on May 1, 2006. I gave a verbal notification to my manager last night as there are some things going on at work that I felt would be better managed by him if he knew I was leaving as soon as possible. Additionally my manager has been an incredible mentor, and of all the people at my job that I worried most about letting down, it was him. He, however, took it very well and wished me the best of luck because he's a classy guy and realizes that in the long run your life and your goals are your own and not the corporations. It made me realize how lucky I had been to work for people like him throughout most of my career and a bit sad as though I don't enjoy the work environment I'm leaving, I will very much miss most of my co-workers who were brothers and sisters in arms as we coped with the day to day stress and struggles at that job. Yet, I am leaving and I'm sure they will be happy for me and I hope that someday they will find there way out as well as I'm sure that things at that division will not turn around for the better anytime soon.

Enough of the weepy stuff...two weeks till I'm officially out of there so WOOOO HOOOO

4 Comments:

Blogger FV Tom said...

Well done, Jeremy. Our industry is really pretty small. We never want to leave on a bad note because it will get around.

Congrats again!

9:27 AM  
Blogger zooman said...

Congrats again Jeremy and I hope the next two weeks fly by.Well they should knowing that you have a new less stressfull environment to work in.

9:43 AM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

You really ARE blessed to have such a great boss who is supportive of you as a person and doesn't consider you as an "asset to the company."

My husband and I have both struggled with bosses who have fed us lines about where the company would get us if we just stuck around. Now that company has been dissolved (Knight Ridder), and the fate of thousands is up in the air. Good thing for us we don't have very good company loyalty, I guess. :-)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Nice to hear you can leave with a "clear concience" makes the whole thing all the sweeter doesn't it??

GOOD for you!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home