Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Let the good times roll baby!!

Amazing right? Three updates in less than 24 hours? Sounds like the old Jeremy is coming back!!

Well folks I got the job and I couldn't be happier...well I could be happier if I didn't have to work out the two week notice I plan to give and just sit around and do nothing but that's not going to happen. Overall it's a good job with a small but up and coming company that makes Ethernet switches for all types of needs. I'll be doing tech support but the nice thing is it will be related to the hardware or software that my company manufactures, not 700 different types of devices and processes that I might come into contact like I do now. It's going to be hard work, but that kind of hard work that gets your somewhere and will enhance my career instead of pigeonhole me as the soon-to-be-former-job does. It's run out of Santa Clara, CA (shout out to my west coast peeps!!) and like Google, SAS and other companies from that area...they know how to treat their employees.

For example, in addition to medical, dental, 401k and life insurance I will be getting:

- Bonuses based on company performance
- Stock options, stock options, stock options which I've never had before
- More training than I can shake a stick at...oh and it's free
- A casual work environment and a breakroom that's bigger than the main office with a ping pong table, dart board...on and a keg.
- Did I mention the keg? Free beer on fridays...yeah

Those are the benefits I know about...I'm sure the longer I'm there I realize benefits that I couldn't have imagined. I'm sure some of the first will be reduced stress, more smiles on my face, seeing daylight again, pride in my work and oh yeah...not waking up, going to my old job and feeling nauseous about another day at work and needing a pep talk in the parking lot to go inside. Those are the things I'll be happy to have. My job has gone from bad, to awful, to toxic, to poisoning my life to sheer misery in a little over 2 and a half years and I finally was able to get out and do something about it. So for all of you that are miserable in your jobs...take note that I made it out and hopefully you'll find something else that will make you happy, if not permanently, at least in the short term.

Hell I may just lost 20 lbs from lack of stress to kick me back into my aborted 2nd challenge!! Man that beer may be the end of me though!!

Thanks for all of your support guys...I hope to be back to normal blogging/hours again by the first of May and from there the sky is the limit!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

YAAAAAAAAY jeremy!!!! COngrats!!! Oh it's so wonderful to see GOOD things happening in Blogland today!

10:18 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

YAHOOOO! Way to go, J!

Sounds like a great place for you to be at this point.

And like Pamela says, what a crazy day in Blogville: Your career getting a big move, Bev and Jeremy, Jen getting a new car. A great day!

Sure hope the old Jeremy is coming back!

8:47 AM  
Blogger zooman said...

Hey, way to go Jeremy,you deserve this so much.Sounds like a cool place work. Enjoy the new job.

10:48 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY
Congratulations!
I am so happy for you! This is definitely going to be great for you and your health.

11:23 AM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

I am so proud of you!!!! Hugs. Carol

11:46 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Rock on, Jeremy. Congrats on the new job! =)

6:05 PM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

WhooHoooooo!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

I am SO happy for you!! The blends are turning it around!! You, Jen, Bev!! BTW, I'm shocked that you've heard of Guy Fawkes--I had to see his burning efigy before I understood (and the Brits do it every year on 5 November).

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home