Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Dodged a bullet...

Well I think we can safely close the book on the girl I was "dating" that I mentioned in my earlier blog. Although she was a seemingly nice girl, the more rocks I overturned the more drama seemed to rise from underneath. I won't go into details but I think it's okay to say that a lot of the problems she was going through seemed to be unrelated to her divorce or her husband and would have been issues that would have held me back regardless of the problems I mentioned before. Now we never advanced far enough into our dating for it to get "physical" so I figured just being honest and saying I didn't feel the spark was the best option instead of letting it get "physical" and then really not feeling the spark and wanting to back out at that point. Yeah...being honest...not really what she wanted to hear. Oh well my gut was right as usual and the war continues.

On a similar note I spent most of the weekend going over what I've been wanting out of my love life. I've read so many of your blogs and seen a lot of you find new love, go through problems with your current loves and also just flit away like myself in the pool of singledom. For the last few years I allowed myself to be a little less picky than I should have. I think that was due to some events in my past that lowered confidence in myself that I was someone worth dating and thus felt that I should be lucky to date ANYONE!! That's led to a whole list of dating mistakes I won't go into, but to be fair it wasn't all bad either. This past year I've gained confidence in myself as a person physically, mentally as well as emotionally through Body For Life, getting a new job and other strides I've made personally. All three of these things have made me a stronger person, it's just taked a while to clean a lot of the crap out of my system to get to the point that I can see the bigger picture at times. I've never had a problem getting dates...now I just need to concentrate on paring that group down to a select few that I actually WANT to date, WOULD see a future with and WILL take action on.

Okay enough said on that subject I'm going back to the lab...

3 Comments:

Blogger FV Tom said...

Good job, J!

You are a good person, you do deserve the best, now go wait for it to happen!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Jen's got it right on the nose! Go for it Socializing is Never a Bad thing!

11:51 AM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Just to explain myself a bit: It seems that we always find what we are looking for when we are least looking for it.

That's all I meant - don't force it or rush it ... if it's to be, it will happen.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home