Saturday, May 27, 2006

To cable or not to cable...that is the question...

Okay so I've been debating whether or not to completely drop cable from my life for a variety of reasons. Including my broadband connection, digital televsion package and HBO, Showtime and Cinemax I pay about 140 bucks a month. I don't watch that much television now compared to when I originally ordered the service. I have memberships to both blockbuster online and netflix which pretty much covers any movies I want to see. In addition most of the shows I would normally watch during the year I can find on Itunes for either 1.99 a show or 34.99 for the entire season. Any sports I can go watch at the local bar or over at friends houses. I see myself watching MAYBE 5 shows a week if that and watching maybe 3-4 movies during that time frame as well. I added up the costs of 5 TV shows at 34.99 a season to be about 175 bucks and would be equal to about 14.60, my netflix is 17.99 and my blockbuster is 17.99 which all told takes me to about 51 bucks. My internet is 42 bucks a month plus 51 bucks is about 93 dollars. My question is this...can anyone see a reason why I should keep the cable as it is? Any pros or cons to paying the extra money? Just curious about suggestions.

7 Comments:

Blogger carolakabb said...

But HOW WOULD YOU WATCH AMERICAN IDOL?!?! Kidding... not much of a fan here. We dropped our cable down to the lowest package we could get...

2:12 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

I don't know what I would do without cable. We have internet, TV, and phone. We have the basic TV service which is way more than we need.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

I'm about to hop on the cable bandwagon myself for sports, news and a few television shows. I would get TiVO if it was available here.

I'm a movie junky so I may get the movie channel or something like that.

However, that being said, I have only had cable once in my life - for a one year period and then I got rid of it because it sucked me and my daughter in. We didn't even have a tv for the longest time. Now we're all so busy that I can't see it happening again, but I will pull the plug if it does.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

cable or not... I dunno if it's not outdoor life or home & garden .. I have NO clue what's on anywho..

8:14 PM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

lol, Carol is waiting for an update!

7:27 AM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

knock knock

can Jeremy come out to play?

2:57 PM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Hey, did you get cable or not? And where's that list of 25!!!??

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home