Monday, July 17, 2006

Strange things afoot...

So the wife of my high school best friend, David, emails me last night to let me know that he would like my contact information. I haven't spoken to this guy in nearly 10 years and it's just...weird. I feel like a hole in my life might be filled as I've been trying to reach out to him for years...but I'm nervous because he's always been hard to read at times as well. After 10 years I fear he may be downright lost in translation. I'm excited but definitely nervous. Hopefully he'll get in touch though...I admit I'll be fairly deflated if he doesn't. She also sent me a picture of their daughter and it was just uncanny how much his little girl looks just like him. I also noticed David's wife has friended other people I had gone to high school with and man it was strange to see so many people that I haven't seen since...well high school and to see pictures of their kids. Made me wonder what the Hell I've been doing with my life. So strange to see the faces of my old friends and cohorts on the bodies of these tiny little children.

6 Comments:

Blogger carolakabb said...

hope you hear from him! It is always confusing when a friend disappears... mind you, I don't just disappear - I go out in a blaze of glory! lol -shhhhhhhhhhhhh

10:46 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

He'll call!

Jeez - this sounds GAY.

6:43 PM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

lol, lmao about Jen!

5:41 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Jen!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

Wow..I just went through that reuniting with an old friend..and it's strange, exciting and sureal all at the same time! You'll get together..and who knows, maybe you'll become closer friends than you were before!

8:15 PM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Yup, he'll call. Otherwise, why would his wife contact you?

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home