Thursday, July 06, 2006

Well the holiday is over and it's back to work. I spent most of the time off doing even more cleaning around the apt...so much so that everytime I walk in the door I'm scared I've been robbed!! It's still amazing that I'm still throwing a lot of crap out the door these days and when I turn around...there is even more!! However that "pile" of stuff seems to be dwindling considerably. I have a theory that a lot of this was stuff that I just boxed up everytime I moved instead of getting rid of before packing to move and thus it just stayed with me over the years. I still have bank statements from 1995 I need to shred!!! Overall it's getting to be quite manageable now and I'm thankful for that. Charly on the other hand is not happy that I've taken all of the cardboard boxes away...maybe I'll leave one for her to play in.

Nothing really new on the dating front. It's amazing though how picky I've allowed myself to be and all of a sudden I'm actually SEEING the people I want to date in front of my eyes. Problem is most are married or coupled up at the moment. I'll work on finding the single ones or resort to homewrecking if necessary :)

In other news I've started writing on not one, not two but six short stories!! I'm pretty excited about this, not because I would necessarily publish them...but because I'm writing again...and enjoying it. I'll hopefully have more to share about that soon but it's strange to actually be writing, making folders for ideas and all the fun stuff I used to do back in the day when I was writing a lot. Also I've been looking up art and creative writing classes for the fall so I'm pretty excited about that.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and I'm doing my best to catch up on all of your blogs!!

7 Comments:

Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

I'm glad that you are getting so much done around the house.
And congrats on starting writing again!

10:48 AM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

looking forward to reading your stuff!!!!

2:18 PM  
Blogger zooman said...

So what kinda art you into? I would like to get the kids room painted in a jungle scene. And I'm always looking for art for the outside of my place. The guy that painted our bedroom is great with clay.

6:08 AM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

I'd love to read your stuff. I often wished I'd paid more attention to writing when I was younger. Then, maybe I would have been a world-famous author by now! Oh, well.


Keep your dream alive!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

About your comments on my blog...Bahaha!~! :P


& Good for you for doing the writing thing! We'll be here waiting to read it for sure!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

Oh man, you just reminded me that I need to go through the crap in our basement. I know I've seen things down there dating back to 1991! Yes, I do procrastinate, and have managed to lug all that crap through 7 or more moves. Great to hear about your writing! That's always been a dream of mine...writing short stories free-lance. Of course, that's the dream that I don't have kids in! lol

8:12 PM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Are you going to publish your writing eventually? I would love to read them!

About the dating, have you tried match.com or eharmony.com?

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home