Sunday, July 08, 2007

Back to work

Well I had a nice 3 day weekend then I'll work 4 days this week and then I'll have another 3 day weekend next week (my birthday is July 14th...hint...hint) and in between I'm hoping to have some great updates on my swimming progress. Perhaps even a pic or two as per your requests. Don't count on it though!

Carol Transformers was actually pretty darn good. I'm not a fan of Micheal Bay movies at all (Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, etc) but he the film was written by two guys who work with J.J. Abrhams (Lost, Alias, etc) and they sort of kept the dialog pretty good. John Tuturro and Anthony Anderson were pretty darn funny as well so overall if you get past a buncha hokey robots it's a pretty good movie.

Die Hard wasn't as good as the first three, and the fact that NO ONE seemed to know who Bruce Willis's character was in the entire film seemed a little strange, considering he had built up quite a reputation with the Police, FBI, CIA and NSA by the end of the third film. Justin Long (Hello I'm a Mac) and Kevin Smith (aka Silient Bob) were nice comedic additions though. The action was pretty intense, but still, a bit sub-standard for the normal Die Hard movies.

1408 was actually a little disappointing. It seemed to WANT to be a supernatural/horror movie and was well on it way. Then it seemed to lose it's way when it started to briefly became a movie about bereavement and loss of a child. Like most Stephen King films it has a great buildup but just doesn'tseem to deliver in the end. Fortunately Stephen King's books don't have this problem.

Allright folks I gotta sign off, meet some friends for dinner and carb up for tommorow workout!

3 Comments:

Blogger carolakabb said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:27 AM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

BUMMMER about 1408 - I love good horror/suspense and I had read a couple good reviews about it. I guess I'll have to stick to the one about the one night stand and the pregnant woman .. (don't remember the name).

7:28 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

I loved Transformers!!! I think it's one of my fav movies now.

Regarding your PB times on the 50 and the 100 .... wowsers!!! You rocked!!! And I have no doubt that you will rock again!!!

Have you done a practice with the Masters yet?

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home