Monday, July 02, 2007

You know your swimming lane mate is fast when...

...he has a wikipedia entry describing his Bronze Medal performance in the 1984 Olympics.

Yep that's right folks...I went to a workout today for the Masters team that i'm going to join and sure enough one of the swimmers is a member of the Swedish 4x100 Freestyle Relay team from the 1984 Olympic Games.

Yeesh.

Overall I enjoyed visitin with the team and I think it's going to be a great experience. I sat in on one of their planning meetings and they seem to have a great head on their shoulders about making sure the team stays viable and healthy for years to come. Everyone was friendly and absolutely happy that I was looking to join the team. The speed of the swimmers in the advanced group is a little above where I'm swimming now but my goal is to be swimming with that group towards the end of the summer if not sooner.

I'm pretty damn excited about this to say the least. It feels strange to say it: I'm coming out of retirement!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers!

6:10 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

That is awesome, Jeremy!!! Congrats on coming out of retirement.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow! That's pretty darn exciting! Glad to hear you are finding your mojo.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home