Thursday, June 28, 2007

Keepin on Keepin on...

Well it's the end of the first 2 weeks and I'm 8 workouts down in my swimming!

Today I decided to be psychotic. Why? Because I can. Today I did 2500 Yard (1.42045 miles for those of you keeping score at home) and 1500 of those yards were butterfly kick with flippers. Now you might say..."Jeremy that's Cheating!!" alas you would be wrong!! The flippers allow more of the muscles in your lower body and your core to get a stronger workout and if you want a belly buster...butterfly kick knows no equal. Needless to say it was an ass kicker but I felt great. In fact folks I've felt better than I EVER did doing BFL. In fact I'll go further than that...I haven't felt this good since I was in College!! Needless today this goes beyond motivation and the need to getting into shape...these goes into the area of balancing the harmonies in one's life and doing the things that make you happy.

Today Workout

*************************************************************************************

Warm Up:

200 Freestyle

Kick Set:

5x300 Kick with Flippers. 3 minutes Rest between sets

Pull Set:

3x100 Freestyle :30 rest

Swim Set:

3x100 Freestyle (with flippers) :30 Rest

Cool Down:

8x25 Freestyle :20

Total Yardage: 2500

*************************************************************************************

The weight has been fluctuating up and down a bit so we'll have to see how it balances out over the next month or so. My metabolism has skyrocketed again so perhaps that's what it is and the engine just needs to gain a few extra pounds so it can burn them more effectively later. That's probably a load of crap...but I don't care.

Hope everyone is well.

1 Comments:

Blogger zooman said...

The weight gain is from being water logged, lol, the only thing bad about staying in the pool too long. Glad you have found a way to workout and enjoy it.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home