Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Chug chug chug

Well the swimming is going better this week. Haven't been able to finish a complete workout in the time allotted yet but I'm getting there. I think the times will start dropping again real soon as well. Birthday was kinda lame as everyone was on vacation or had to work. I'm planning something at the end of the month to make up for that. I've been posting on blends again which is probably why I've not been posting as much here.

Workouts this week will be tough to meet because my schedule has been tinkered with in that I'll be working during the evening workouts and will be cutting into my sleeping to make a morning workout. Overall it's only going to really affect one day, however, it's screwing up the sleeping patterns between two normal weeks that is really going to be hard to get back on track.

Last Friday I went out with a few members of the team for beers and mexican food. We sat outside and listened to a band and just had a nice time. They were eager to get all the dirt on my social life and other stuff. One of the ladies is from Italy and has a great sense of humor but isn't completely educated on American slang and Idioms so we would make jokes about our everyday lives and she would need us to fill her in on what some of those jokes mean. It strange to be sitting at the same table with people that were Iron Man Triathalon finishes/placers and swimming with an Olympic Bronze Medalist. However, I think it's good. The one thing that got me off track with BFL was the actual physical distance I felt from everyone I was communicating with on the blogs/tracker/myblends. I have to admit that having someone there to push you in person goes a LONG way to helping you out.

Nothing new on the dating front. I've decided to completely stop using any form of online matchmaking anymore. Too many people on there that shouldn't be on there, too many people fresh out of marriages or long term relationships and trying to immediately date again, too many people that just don't want to date but just meet people as friends and as usual too many people that just aren't right for me. At my age it's hard to meet people that are single and compatible but I'm finding it harder to do it through a stupid digital box. There are a few girls on the swim team that I think are single and a few people on the team that like me well enough to set me up with their single friends or at least let me meet them and let me makes the moves. That's more how I like to meet people to date anyways...get to know them first, become friends and see if it leads somewhere. Not talking to someone via email, meeting them awkwardly for the first date under dating pretenses and then trying to see if either one of us can put a round peg into a square hole. I'm tired of that to be honest...all of my long term relationships came about after I knew the person for a while and THEN we decided to persue something. Why break that tradition right? And yes...there is a girl that I have my eye on with the swim team but really it's more because we just have a lot of fun joking around between sets. She's nice and funny but I'm fairly sure there is about an 8-10 year age difference (I'm the older one) and that could be a dealbreaker in the long run for anything beyond friends. But hey...I'm open.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...it's good to see you again :)

Thanks for the web addy, I will pass it along to my friend. I met Andrew on LavaLife..met a couple guys who I am still friends with..but the rest were just out for sex. The 2 guys that I met that I am still friends with haven't had any luck on there. It seems that there is an over abundance of men on there so the women are into what I call disposable dating...one thing wrong with the guy and you are toast because they know that they have about 10 other guys waiting in the wings. It worked for me but I truly believe I just got really lucky :)

It sounds like you are doing great! Congrats on the 30lb loss and the swimming. Totally awesome!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Just stopping by to see how things are going...Take care - ;-)

7:26 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Hi there just checkin in.. :)Happy belated here too!

1:54 PM  
Blogger zooman said...

It seems awesome that you get to train with such awesome athletes. It makes you push yourself a little harder and feel a sort of bond you just don't get on the net.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Udenia said...

Hey, my feelings are hurt, you need to upate the link to my blog dude! :)- I should be happy that you managed to stop by and leave a decent comment on my blog! ha ha! Nice to be home, maybe you can stop over sometime in the future? Are you going to Tennessee this year?

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home