Wednesday, August 08, 2007

So Carol will stop whining :)

Wow I just looked at my blog and realized I haven't updated there in about 3 weeks. Overall that tells you how busy I've been at work!! We are going through some major changes and even though I work midnight to 9 am during the week I'm also have to attend conference calls and training sessions in the middle of the afternoon as well for 2-3 hours at a time, that plus driving, plus sleeping plus...well not a whole a of sleep now that I think of it, plus other things that HAVE to be done mean that Jeremy is having to make the choice between the sanity of swimming or the sanity of blogging! Thankfully I've made a few updates here as well.

Overall swimming is going well but only at the bare minimum for now. I'm hoping to open it up a bit more next week as things SHOULD slow down but overall the next 90 days at work (Until the holidays) are going to be insane because of some changes we are making in our division. Good changes, positive changes, changes that mean the way for promotions, raises and honing of skills, but changes that mean my already raw and scarred nose will be still to the grindstone!

I did some timed swims on Sunday at the Chapel Hill YMCA and was not happy with the results. There were people in the way and the water was high, warm etc, but overall I felt those should not have mattered considering where I feel I should have been. However, I know that I've not been swimming as much do to work and I take a TINY bit of solace in that, but still, I really wished I had been able to get in the pool more because I just don't feel like I've grown much more in my aerobic base since about the first week of July and thus hitting the wall in swimming progress is tough to deal with.

Hopefully more interesting stuff in the coming days either swimming or work related!

2 Comments:

Blogger carolakabb said...

oh pshawwww to you. glad you are alive.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi, J - Good to hear from you. But why do you insist on working so hard??

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home