Wednesday, April 30, 2008

196.8...and 34

Well I'm down some more weight and over halfway to the weight goal of 190. The size 34 is what the waist of my pants are at now. My size 36 jeans were literally falling off the other day at work so I pulled out the pants I had from the BFL days and they fit perfectly.

I did another 3.76 miles yesterday and dropped the times a bit. The running mechanics are getting a lot better. It's very empowering to feel my knees actually responding positively to running correctly by the pain going away. It's really strange because when I run correctly I feel very smooth and aerodynamic. Much the same way I feel in the water when my stroke is working like I want it to. The only thing keeping me from running more is...well...my aerobic shape :) I'm happy to report that my run/walk 5k is now under 50 minutes so I guess I'm going to have to start looking at 5k races sometime soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger carolakabb said...

well GEEE! about time you came back to life... just took me a bit to catch up. Saw your im the other day but missed you... am running a bit too... will you share the form tips you've learned?

hugs. carol

6:22 PM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

ps. My first 5k is May 18

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two posts in a row! Yea! Gratz on the numbers.

Your swim coach story over on my blog cracked me up. Thanks for stopping by. Stay in touch.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It affirms what I've just talked to my chiropractor about. I was just guessing as to why I hurt so much but what you said makes sense.

Nice job on the progress!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home