Friday, July 04, 2008

I did it!!

Yes I finished the 4 miler and ran the whole way! I did it under a minute (we'll call it 55:30) and I had fun as well. So I accomplished all three goals lol.

Overall the race was good, I kept pace with Lara, the friend that made me do it. We ran pretty much side by side for about 3 miles. At the 3 mile mark I hit a damn wall...oh and a hill! I just adjusted my pace, kept my feet moving and made myself go further and farther. At the 2 mile mark Lara and I both agreed that we were NOT going to walk and agreed to kick the other one in the butt to keep going. At about the 5k mark when I hit the wall I told Lara to keep going and I would keep her in sight. Bastards had hills on the last mile and that really killed me!! I finally got back to the finish line which was the track at the high school and made it across and made a bee line for the water/gatorade station and the sprinkler lol!

I'll try and write a little more later on...right now I think I need a nap! But I did it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Congratulations, Jeremy! Sounds like a good way to start your holiday. :)

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home