Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Week 5 Chaos

Well I've missed 2 of the first 3 days for working out this week so it looks like I'm bucking up from here on out. This week has been pure hell at work as it seems that every damn thing that could break it breaking. For those of you that don't know what I do it's fairly simple to explain: I monitor customer networks for AT&T. Site at a desk and when something breaks I either fix it myself or work with a group of people remotely to fix it at the site. A large part of my troubles are due to power, weather, natural disaster, a jackass with a backhoe, faulty network tranport equipment or just simply someone tripping over a wire and not plugging it back in.

Essentially I am part of a team that monitors about 30,000 networks devices all over the world and when one breaks then I've got to nurse it back to health any way I can. Well this week we've had tornados, rain, people cutting major fiber optic cables and any other number of issues and with the possible finalization of our Merger with SBC looming as soon as this weekend everyone is going nuts. Additionally I've taken on a supervisory position of which my promotion is conditional on how well I do in that capacity. I've been told I'm next in line for a promotion but the paperwork, merger related crap and the usual red tape are holding it up. Needless to say I've been coming home wired and until I detox a bit I can't get to sleep until 3 or 4 am and since I'm usually out the door headed to work around 1 pm I haven't had a lot of time to sleep, make my meals and cram in a workout here and there. It's nights like this that make me wish I had joined a 24 hour gym instead of the local YMCA...but overall I like the Y better for the extras that other gyms around here don't offer.

Despite the missed workouts I have been eating very well though. Keeping everything close to 40/40/20 and keeping the calories around 2200-2500 depending on whether or not I get time for the 6th meal. My saving grace has been my turkey sandwich, my two protein shakes, whole wheat toast with peanut butter and the spare moment I can reheat that pot roast. I'm going to try a few new recipes this weekend and hopefully will another successful dish. I've been lucky with the potroast as I think it will survive one more night and then it's all gone :)

Hope everyone is having a safe and sane week...reading your blogs it sounds like everyone is too busy having sex!! Man...it's just like college...everyone is getting laid but me!! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger PartTimeMom said...

wow you're busy - and believe it or not - I actually understand your job (and in part relate to it).

I've been a project manager at a company that uses an awful lot of your services and in a department that was responsable for making sure OUR stuff was talking to YOUR stuff correctly so our 30+ sites could all talk to each other.

Anywho - I appreciate your hard work. Sounds like your busy busy-hope it slows down soon!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home