Monday, December 12, 2005

Hell has frozen over...

Wow. I'm still stunned. I knew my life was going a little too drama free to not have this come back and hit me out of left field. My ex girlfriend...Laurel...just called me a few minutes ago and apologized for how shitty and crazy she had been acting up to the point that we stopped speaking to each other this past September. I'm not really sure what to make of it. She's living in Colorado with her boyfriend so I can't think it's a ploy to get me back. I can't see why her apologizing to me helps anything in her life. I can't figure it out...she's usually not one for ulterior motives either but I can't help but think in her case that one exists. Then again maybe she's growing up and realized that a lot of what happened back in September was rather petty and silly. Either way it was an unexpected and emotional kick in the gut I wasn't expecting. She called me at work which meant I had absolutely no time and more importantly no privacy to communicate with her. I was a complete loss for words to be sure and even now I'm stumbling for an emotional "righting" on how I feel about this. Ugh.

Maybe she couldn't resist the new haircut and hot body I'm making for myself :)

Bleah

4 Comments:

Blogger carolakabb said...

My bottom line guess? Things aren't going so well w/ Colorado man and in her unhappiness this was a way of reaching out an reconnecting with you (and hoping it/you would make her feel better on some level). She called you at work bc either that was the only private time she had to make the call, or she has impulse control issues.... :) (OR.... she's getting married and feels she needs to make things right b4 the big day...lol!) Either way, don't let it mess with you buddy! Think Gym Girl, Gym Girl, Gym Girl!!!

4:38 AM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

...Jen... the season for reconnecting w/ old flames...? hmmmmm you got a plan or something? ps: at 8:15 a.m. it was 19 degrees.... bet you don't miss this!

8:02 AM  
Blogger havlow said...

Thanks for the comments ladies. Yeah I don't know what's up with that. I've had friends assume that she's either in a 12 step program, about to go to jail, about to get married or about to show up at my front door begging to be taken back. All are fairly realistic answers...I"m staying strong. Now is that Gym Girl would just make another appearance...dammit :)

12:28 PM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

are you friendly at w/ the folks at your gym's front desk...? you could always take matters into your own hands and ask about her...

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home