Sunday, November 27, 2005

wow...

I have to say I've been pretty and jaded in regards to love and meeting new people lately because of a heartbreaking relationship that ended this summer. To be honest I thought she was going to be the "one" because of how we reacted to each other and mostly because of how she would make me feel everytime I saw her...even when time were bad. After we broke up I began to think a lot about passion and love and true love, etc and wondering if it would ever happen again and pretty much deciding that if it happened again it would probably not be for a long time. You see I'm not someone that has a particular type of person I'm physically attracted to it's usually their presence and eventually their passion about something that wins me over and then the physical. Everyone I've dated save 1 or 2 people have attracted me in that way. To top things off my work schedule has played complete hell with my social life and I've had a hard time meeting new people aside from friends of friends which has been nice. The point being is that I've pretty much figured that meeting someone else that attracts me in such a way would be fairly limited these days.

So...yeah. I get into the gym today for my workout, it's a cold rainy day and I've been under the weather so I'm not particularly motivated to be there. I'm on the treadmill doing my cardio and lo and behold she walks in and right after getting a good look at her I literally tripped all over the treadmill in that ridiculously slapstick way that I'm sure completely took any cool points I might have had initially and squashed them. I mean wow. My heart just literally leapt out of my chest. I don't know how to explain it...she just walked into the gym and BAM!!

I don't really know how to describe her except to say that I couldn't keep my eyes off of her and the whole time I was on the treadmill or doing my Lower Body Workout I kept sneaking glances at her in the mirror and I caught her looking at me. It started getting a bit high schoolish because we moved beyond the mirror and started actually looking straight at each other. At one point I lost her while I was doing legs presses and looked all the way around the gym and she was right behind me and I got caught no only looking at her but turning all the way around to find her. How embarassing. To say the least I had no idea how to act since most for my friends that are girls have told me time and time again NEVER NEVER NEVER hit on a girl at the gym because it's terribly cliche and frankly it's not me.

So while I was thinking of incredibly witty things to say or some non-sketchy way to approach her she finished her workout and went home. So in (hopeful) anticipation of seeing her again at the gym I posted my plight to the ladies on BFL tracker to get some ideas on non sketchy ways to introduce myself to her without seeming to eager. So far a lot of the responses have ranged from humorous, to inane, to very good :) Anyone else that has some constructive advice help me because...wow...she was...yeah...wow.

4 Comments:

Blogger havlow said...

Thanks for the tip. I'm holding off getting back to the online personals as I've met a lot of people on there but after a while it gets too addicting meeting new people lol. Hope you had a wonderful holiday :)

10:36 PM  
Blogger PartTimeMom said...

I would have to agree - if she is truely 'looking back' then you're open to say Hi. I usually don't make eye contact with people I don't want to talk to.

3:37 PM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

Wow, what a great story!!! Sounds like you both were feeling it! Hmmmm don't know what to suggest, but I am sure the opportunity will present itself :) and all will go well.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Sreenivasa S said...

Hi you have got a good info on your blog which is worth reading, even I have a Muscle toning related website and blog. I should say good job done

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home