Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The AW SHIT Trifecta....

Well yesterday continued the trend of crappy events keeping me down. I list them in order.

# 1 - I left for work without my meals, my wallet or my cold medicine. So I've eaten like crap, taken a really lousy cold medicine and had to borrow money for dinner.. These aren't bad things seperately but in conjunction make me feel like a moron. Also the fact that I would need to go to the store and get food and meds means I would need to go all the way home, passing the store in order to get my wallet and then drive right back to the store which in my stuffy headed cold like condition, especially late at night, would be rather daunting to say the least.

# 2 - I ate a fucking burger from Wendys and it made me feel even worse

# 3 - Okay so the bad came in three's...I would have updated this last night but as I'll explain below it wasn't possibly at the time. Soooo...I get home, get in the shower and half way in the shower the power goes out. Bam!! No lights, no electricity and most importantly NO HEAT!! Needless to say the shower turned bloody freezing and I got right out, find bundled up and lit a candle hoping it was a temporary situation. It was not and thus I spent most of the night in full clothing bundled up, even Charly decided it was too cold to sleep on top of me so at some point she burrowed under the covers with me. It was miserable!! It reminded me of the time in 2002 when Chapel Hill was hit by the ice storm and we were without power for nearly 5 days and the worst part about that for me was the fact that I had a head cold, chest cold, chest pains, acid reflux, diarhhea, upset stomach and a UTI all during the power outage. Well I found out today that the cause of the outage was a car hitting a pole near the complex and that it should be done as of this writing. I would have gone to the gym, but guess what? Gym was on the same power grid as my apartment. Fuck a doodle doo.

I haven't been to the gym since last week and my eating has completely fallen off the map. I feel like complete ass with this cold/flu whatever and I'm really feeling like I'm failing myself on the BFL plan. Obviously these are events partially beyond my control, but it's the feeling of having my head up my ass about the things under my control that's pissing me off the most. Bleah...if I had the option I would crawl back into bed but that's not an option to day!! I'll try to post something amusing later on to cleanse everyone's palatte of this ridiculously awful turn of events :)

3 Comments:

Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Bummer! So sorry this is all happening to you at once. It's one thing if it happens within a week, but in one day? Man, I feel for you.

Hope your cold gets better soon.

2:20 PM  
Blogger PartTimeMom said...

Man - that IS a crappy day...

First off feel better soon.

Secondly you're not falling apart, or failing yourself. You're simply having a 'bad day'. Could be you could use some time recover. Take it easy and be sure to hit it back at 100% when your feeling better. headcolds SUCK

2:45 PM  
Blogger havlow said...

Thanks for the kind words...I'm really happy to say that I'm getting over the cold finally...weeks 7 and 8 have been a total bust and I'm ready to get back into the gym...seriously...I don't like sitting on my ass AT ALL!!

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home