Sunday, December 11, 2005

RECLAIM THE BFL TRACKER!!!!

This post is meant in the spirit of helping your fellow BFLers out and is not meant to be preachy at all...just thought it might be a nice gesture in the season of giving :)

Okay I decided to check back in on the tracker tonight and was just blown away by the hate and negative comments by someone named hotforme. It really frustrates the hell out of me when people have to get into a forum that is full of love and support (and yes talk of sex, penises, vaginas, TOM and whatever else) and try to just really HATE on some people. I know Lori posted a reply to kmachate's post and I added my .02 as well but overall I found all of you on the tracker and hate what it's become. I won't leave it because frankly I love the duality of my interaction there for general BFL support and my interaction here because I can show you my dandy new haircuts and read about all the hot sex :) But everyone that I interact with here in the blog community is spoken of with nearly god/goddess-like status when they mention how much each and every one of you has helped them with support. If I hadn't interacted with most of you on the tracker at one time or another I would still be knee deep in McDonalds and back up to 230 lbs or more by this time.

I think it would be great to reclaim the tracker!! Maybe if everyone found just one person to help out with encouragement and support through PM's or just responding to their forums it might help. I'm actually less concerned with the tracker itself but more concerned with the people like myself who use it for support and are getting suffocated by hateful comments. People who are starting out and trying to stick with the program and are finding mixed messages on that site and perhaps are leaving and I suspect eventually giving up because they feel so alone and jaded. I've taken it upon myself to mentor a few newbies and direct them to the blogs as a supplemental support group as well and find that it's keeping them in the game for the most part. For me the people that kept me going initially were Lori (sweetemotion), Jennifer (Dreamcatcher) and her husband Bobby, Sylvia (cookie1135), Ursula and Kerry. They took the time to PM me or just respond to my posts and it was wonderful...it was the little things like that which kept me in the gym. Once I got her on the blogger I found and wonderful new group of friends who have not only supported me in BFL but in life in general and you've all been wonderful.

So I say lets all pick a newbie or start adding 2-3 replies a day to the tracker and see if we can make it a better place again as I know all of you that haven't been there in a while are loved and missed!! I'm working with a girl in Alabama named daisy23 on the tracker and I know she has been the beneficiary of Lori and Jennifer's advice as well. I see a lot myself in her and I have taken it upon myself to check up on her like many of you did for me. Maybe we can start a BFL tracker Big Brother/Big Sister club and keep all of them interested positive and healthy and reclaim the tracker for everyone to enjoy again!! Don't do it for the tracker...do it for those who need our support because one time you were just like them...someone who needed a step up when you might not have known where else to go.

Love from the biggest idiot of all of us...me :)

5 Comments:

Blogger carolakabb said...

wow... that is a very nice thought (coming from a guy of all people! (lol). I have just started to get my eating back under control and I am not doing the exercise as presrcibed, so I don't feel as if I have much to offer now except maybe on the "off-topic" section... But I know what you mean, always having the same people respond to your questions and support you was really helpful and gave me a great feeling. Oh, and Moggie, I plan on losing weight over xmas too. I really let it slide Halloween (I always do such a great job holding it together... and then....) and Thanksgiving. My belly looks like caca. btw... off topic, does anyone else have this issue... sometimes when you lose weight and then regain it, you seem to regain it differently?

10:20 AM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

.. or am I just a freak! lol

10:21 AM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

I hear ya, Jeremy. I read the same post about that chick (well, I guess it's a chick -- you never know). I've been on Tracker for a year or so, and there have been many trolls that pop up, annoy, and eventually go away.


I would love to see a huge, whopping revival of Tracker. Like 20 of us blends (or what-have-you) starting new challenges with new photos and plans and getting on there and just causing a gigantic ruckus. I know that would bring another 10-15 lurkers out of hiding who used to help keep Tracker vibrant and fun but have since faded to the sidelines.

Tracker is a lot of work, just like this blog community. I don't miss the addiction I used to have to it but do pine for a revival.

Good thinkin'.

K

11:09 AM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

As for the question about regaining weight differently -- yes! I noticed that my tummy, where weight used to make it all smooth and somewhat flat but not firm -- now has dimply, softer fat. The muscles are there, but the fresh pudge is more apparent that it seemed to be before.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

Wow! This is what I wanted to say!! I hate it that tracker is full of silly people who seem to do nothing but wait to pounce on the next new thread! And I agree. . .we should be like big brothers and big sisters to newbies that seem genuinely interested. I truly feel sorry for anyone new these days.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home