Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Update on the friend...

So I got in touch with Dave. Apparently his email is still in dial up and being a full time student, husband and father keeps him all but away from his email. So I just decided to give him a shout and it was great. Despite the first 10 minutes or so of interrupting each other because we wanted to ask so many questions everything went very well. We got the past 8 years out of the way, talked about old friends, our families, our jobs. After that we settled back into a comfortable, albeit rusty from the time apart, resemblance of our old friendship. I'm not sure if the time apart was a good thing or a bad thing but I'll admit that I'm glad we're back in touch again. I've missed my friend a lot more than I wanted to admit. Life is filled with people that you eventually have a deep connection with, whether it's a good friend, a lover or a family member. These are the people that know your secrets, your nuclear codes so to speak. It's always very hard when you lose touch with these people for various reasons because somewhere out there someone exists that knows you almost as well as you know yourself and the reverse works for them as well. It's a strange symbiotic relationship in which you've developed an attachement with these people. These are the people the finish the sentences you started, the ones that are the charter members of your inside jokes that no one else gets, the ones that KNOW who you are even if you change here and there. So for now it appears that I have my buddy back in my life. I'm debating going down to my home town in the fall and visiting with him and a few other people I hadn't seen in years and seeing how much we've changed or stayed the same.

3 Comments:

Blogger carolakabb said...

YEAH! I am sooooo happy for you! OF COURSE you have to go!

2:55 PM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

btw... like that phrase... nuclear codes...

2:57 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Dang, I was gonna comment on the Nuclear Codes! That is cool!

Good to hear that you were able to catch up with you buddy. I think it's one of those things that keeps us sane.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home