Sunday, July 30, 2006

Workout from hell or moving in the heat?

I'm tired, sweaty and sore but I'm getting closer to being moved into the new place. I've decided to give up the old bed and second hand couch, I've decided that I'll at least buy another bed and possibly look into a new sofa and love chair in the next couple of months. Right now it's just an air bed, a lounging chair and two foldout campsite chairs. It's actually kinda nice not to have all of that overhead. I'm pretty happy with the move so far in that I've got all of my "high dollar" stuff in the new place, the food, the pots, pans, plates, glasses and silverware. I still need to move the clothes, books and a few other things. Then I'll move my bookcases and another chair and then I think I'll be done. I'm going to see if I can get rid of some of the other stuff on craigslist.

As far as the additional damage I uncovered I'm going to see if I can make a claim. I did see that my policy allowed for damage due to flooding from the building which I think should cover and any structural problems (such as was the cause of my flooding) that allowed damage to my property. I really just want to get something out of this because it's just really not fair. I get robbed in March and my place is flooded in August...hell I just want enough money to cover the moving expenses at this point. I'm starting to worry that my clothes in that closet were ruined as well as they are smelling a bit of mildew and wonderful stuff like that. At this point I think I'll need a full day off (which will be tuesday) just to relax and get my mind around what has happened. It's been a rather whirlwind couple of days.

3 Comments:

Blogger carolakabb said...

hugs.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Just a lonely girl said...

Moving sucks!!

Ditto on the hugs!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

Wow that was fast! Hope the rest goes smoothly! I'm not looking forward to the physical part of moving! lol

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home