Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I just learned how to run after 34 years...wtf?

Okay big breakthrough in running...in fact you're all being held accountable!! Why didn't anyone tell me about running from the balls of my feet instead of heel to toe????? I've been running heel to toe all my life!! Then tonight someone says "try running on the balls of your feet" and I just looked at them like they had three heads. THen I sort of tried leaning forward and just walking on the balls of my feet and HOLY @#$!$ it MADE SENSE!! IT WAS LIKE LEARNING HOW TO READ!! I started a few drills doing it, then did a mile of mixed running and walking...and folks...I did the mixed running walking mile in about 12 minutes!! As opposed to the FULL running WALKING the last few days of around 15 minutes!! HOLY COW!! This is amazing!! It's going to take a while to get a adjusted to running like this but it feels SO MUCH more efficient, I feel faster...and hold cow my hands and arms don't look ridiculous anymore!!

More to come later...to be sure...

4 Comments:

Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Hmmm, now I'm going to have to go home and see which variation I do. Maybe I've been doing it all wrong too.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

whoa - that sounds strange. there is a woman who runs like that near my home and it looks like she's tiptoe-ing real fast.

is it easier on your shins or what?

7:42 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

OK, let's start at the top. The definition of walking is that the heel strikes the ground first. THe definition of running is when the toes or balls of the feet hit first.

Congrats on figuring it out!

Good luck with the new technique.

9:16 AM  
Blogger zooman said...

Interesting..... what new thing will you learn when you start riding a bike again,lol.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home