Monday, January 23, 2006

BFL for the Apartment, BFL for the wallet, How Bluetooth saved my life and other stories...

First of all sorry my posts have been sporadic and I haven't been commenting as much. It's been a busy week/weekend and I've been away from the blogs this week as a result. I've been reading your entries and commenting when I can so I'm not gone...just a bit overwhelmed with life at the moment and the blog time had to be limited for the time being. Rest assured I'm still doing my challenge it's just that I'm doing other "challenges" to get some of my other goals I made in January up and running.

Firstly BFL for the Apartment....
Katiefeldmom sent me some great tips on cleaning up the clutter in my apartment and I'm starting make a game plan for that. I'm taking 10 days to clean the apartment, 1 day/1 task at a time to get myself clutter free and organized to the point that I can actually just do maintenance cleaning after it's all done. Mostly this is to get the clutter out of the way, throw out stuff I don't use, get better mileage out of the stuff I do use and overall improve the flow of the apartment.

Secondly BFL for the Wallet...

I made a promise to save half of my bonus and tax returns this year and open a savings account. I'm on track to do this right after HR Block puts the money in my account. I'm really pumped up about this as apparently I have yet another bonus coming up in March from the merger. I know lucky me...Bev has her fireman, Steven has his new baby boy, Karenna has her nursing, I'm falling ass backwards into some money so I'm taking advantage of it ;) Essentially the goal is to get the savings built up to about 3 months of salary by the end of the year which is very possible. Additionally I'm cutting some of the cable because I can rent DVD's and movies for considerably less a month and I will probably getting rid of the phone to save money because....

Bluetooth is saving my life...
I have a landline at home because I get poor cell reception from my apartment. Actually in my town (located in the middle of a metropolitan area and MAJOR university up the street) has terrible cell reception. In the past I could usually only use my cell phone if I nearly stood on my head in the corner of my office. Well after buying the new cell phone which had a more improved reception and more importantly a bluetooth enabled headset (I know dorky but I'll live with it to save 70 bucks a month) I can now put the phone on the nightstand where I get reception, turn on the headset and walk around the apartment. Also it seems to work well in the bedroom and the speakerphone is excellent so it's definitely looking like I can get rid of the landline and save about 70 bucks a month which is definitely nice!!

BFL is going well although last week I fell down on the workouts considerably I still ate pretty clean and I am back at it this week already so hopefully my head is back on straight now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wolfie said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Glad that the financial stance is going well for you! Great idea on saving! Hope you have a great BFL week!

5:47 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Great plans, Jeremy. Glad all is well with you.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Sounds like you've got things under control! Yay You !.. gotta love the de -cluttering.. what an adventure eh?! ;)

hugs Lala*

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home