Saturday, January 14, 2006

Ringo? I got your Ringo right here baby...

Okay did my cardio today but ate..well not so clean plus the 2 beers at the party tonight surely didn't help anything no matter how much water I drank...I did however have a great time at the party and actually sat in on a few jam sessions as the drummer. Now for those of you who don't know, I was actually a drummer in high school as well and a drummer in a college band. I left the band for artistic reasons (the lead singer insisted the next song would be The Police's "Roxanne" in which he would belt falsetto...badly...and had had enough with them anyways and left) and hadn't been behind a drum kit since the summer of 1994. Sure I still have a pair of drumsticks around the apartment and I've still got some chops that haven't died...but I think I played pretty damn good for not having done it in nearly 12 years. Of course everyone else around me was fairly intoxicated so I might be wrong and they just didn't know any better. But to suffice to say it was a nice fun party and a lot less tame than I thought it would be. I mean how many birthdays parties for your boss can you say you go to and a musical jam sessions breaks out? Probably not many. I actually had a number of people come up asking if I wanted to play with them sometime and maybe I will. Maybe I will...so on that note I'm giving the universal Hook' em Horns/Devil Sign with my my thumbs and fingers and heading backstage for my sleepytime intermission...I'll be back tommorow for my encore...thanks you very much...GOOD NIGHT!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Wooohooooooooo...(that was me yelling and throwing my blends thong at you...roflmaooooo) Good for you!!
Hugs
Christie

8:06 AM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

We are going to have a ton of blends that become big-time stars!

8:53 AM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

Band nerd huh? lol! Congrats and how much fun you must have had! What color was Christie's thong?

9:09 AM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

Glad you had a great time Jeremy! And remember, they are not edible thongs! lol

6:21 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Sounds like a great time!! ROCK ON DUKE!! ....Like TOTALLY!! * *said constantly nodding**

& hey you can hang the thong from your rearview miror! ....No wait that's garters!! LMAO!!

8:35 PM  
Blogger PartTimeMom said...

sounds like an AWSOME night :) Glad you had fun!

10:31 AM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

hey, it's tuesday. Still recovering from your hang over?

8:40 AM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

sigh. we need some more adventures of the havlow to keep us entertained.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home