Thursday, January 26, 2006

Challenge 2.0 Redux

Okay folks I sorta pooped out completely and fell on my face. I had a great 1st week, then didn't plan for the second week very well and just completely died this week. I think it hit me when Bobby challenged me to eat clean 6 days a week and hit the gym hard. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized that I was BSing myself into think I had really "started" Challenge 2 when in fact I needed a little time before doing it. I realize that now and realize that I jumped the gun and needed a mental rest before really getting back into things. Soooooo...I'm starting Challenge 2 fresh again for sure on Monday January 30th. I know that sounds a little strange but I knew something was wrong when I wasn't blogging as much, I was starting to miss my gym times and furthermore I had...yes I admit it...a value meal at McDonalds on the way home last night, 3 snicker bars and a big pizza over the last 3 days. I realized I was starting to binge and considering I was making some big changes in other areas of my life I hadn't taken the time to look at my body as much as I had been promising too.

So with those thoughts and the fact that I'm sort of in the same mental rut I was in right before my first challenege I found myself ready to commit again. Weird. I think I felt the need to rush right into challenege 2 lest I get lazy and give it up and instead rushing in to challenge 2 MADE me lazy and want to give it up. The rest of this weekend I'm going to live it up a bit, get the rest of the apartment clean, then Sunday night I'm grocery shopping and making the meals for the week. I can do this, I did it before, I just realized that although my body was ready for it my heart wasn't where it should have been. It is now.

In other news I've been cleaning the apartment. Wow. I've thrown out 12...that's right 12 bags of stuff. That's not including the boxes of books that I'm goingo through and old clothes that I need to give to Good Will!! A lot of this is holdover from my ex moving out of the apartment and leaving a LOT of stuff here as well as some last minute moving of stuff to the front of the apartment when the back of it was flooded in August. I know I'm a hoarder and belive me when I saw some of the stuff that I was holding onto I about dropped my jaws in disbelief!! I had bank statements from 1993 in my closet!! I had copies of Windows 95 and even Windows 3.1...why????? Well I really don't know why but now it's all gone. So far the bedroom and the kitchen have been completely tackled and I've partially cleaned the office and the living room. I'm doing a little trick I call "surivor" where I'm sorting like things together and then going through and pitching duplicates, things of that sort that I don't need anymore or just plain don't want. It's been great. I've been doing this about 3-4 hours a day (probably too long but it's a big job) and in the mean time washing dishes, cooking and washing clothes as well...the usual grind. My hope is that once I get the big task of getting the clutter taken care of the usual weekly chores won't seem nearly as impossible.

That being said I'm looking forward to a great week to help kick of Challenge 2...redux. Hope all of you are well.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wolfie said...

Well seeing as Bobby already admitted MY guilt here too, I guess I don't need to! lol. It's true though Jeremy. I think it's a good idea to have at least a week off between challenges. Get it out of your system!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Gotta agree .. sometimes you just neeed that break .. good of you to recognise it....

but ---& I do say this with love , but I fully expect to hear you are back at things FULL tilt next week ok?!

hugs
Lala*

7:20 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Jeremy, or should I call you the declutter King...way to go on the clean up, and you know what, I have no doubt that you will kick some serious @$$ this challenge...
Hugs
Christie

9:01 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Hey there!

Everybody else has already said great things but I'll add that this is not a fad, it's not about 12 weeks. It's about your life, man! I think Bill also says that the toughest part is changing our minds, or something to that effect. For me, this stuff is 90% mental. The other half is physical (thanks, Yogi.)!

Have fun this weekend. But I also think you can have fun with your challenge, too.

Good to hear from you again. Not to get too mushy but you were the first blend I ever heard from and I think you kept me going when I was getting real down with the stuff on Tracker. Thanks for that! I can never thank you enough.

9:09 AM  
Blogger carolakabb said...

ugg. I've actually had to take a couple days off too. When you have to you have to. Again, that's why it is called body for life.. not body in 12 weeks. hugs.

9:19 AM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

Isn't there something insanely cathartic about cleaning and purging your clutter? I've been doing that like mad the past few weeks and I look forward to it every day. I've always been big on throwing things out. My husband is a pretty big hoarder, though. He cleans by stuffing things away. A good squirrel. :-)

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home